madbullharidas

deals with me, myself, Haridas -- my rants in general ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

I trust in the saying: IMPOSSIBLE IS THE WORD TO BE FOUND IN THE DICTIONARY OF IDIOTS - NAPOLEAN BONAPARTE

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Committed to blogging


Dear Friends,

To keep up with the changing trends and to practice the new vibes we need to constantly unwind and rewind. IMHO learning never ceases. I have decided to Blog!

Last year, to post a comment on an instructional design blog I created a blog and left it like that for more than a year. Back then, I felt I am not good enough to be a regular blogger. I felt (and still feel) that blogging needs lots of dedication and commitment. To set aside time and space + resources to do that as a routine is by itself a discipline. I forgot this (old) login Id.

Today, I had to create a new blog again!!! to comment on a different blog. Blame my memory – I forgot the login ID of this new blog also!!! After a few tries I almost gave up, and that’s when the ‘inner me’ woke me up and said (as always it tells me during trying times) ‘never give up’ there is a famous quote used in GYMs, Martial Arts schools etc.
‘on a day when you feel that you could not do your exercises or training, that’s the day you have to do it! That’s when you are really training’.

So with renewed energy and neurons I tried a few combinations of Login ID’s that I ‘might’ have used and voila I got both my blog ID’s back. Yeah! Perseverance, did I say;-)

Looking at both my old and new blog pages, I felt kind of sad for them…I had created them and left them like that in the virtual space for eons to come. Today through this write up I make a commitment that I will strive hard to keep both my blogs active.

Requesting my friends to keep visiting my blogs

Formal:
http://mynotesonid.blogspot.com/
This blog will have my posts pertaining to eLearning filed and my notes regarding it. At least one article on an average will be contributed in a month to this blog.

Informal:
http://madbullharidas.blogspot.com/
This blog will have my posts on, Bosnia conflict to the Penguins of Antarctica. I will blog on anything and everything here. Current affairs, history, mystery, philosophy, Biking on my bullet etc. I would also recall my childhood memoirs here. No, this would not be a chronological biography kind of thing but certainly will have interesting snippets about a young naughty boy who grew up to be a Man what he is today. Oh, yeah I was naughty certainly not notorious. In such articles, some of you might find traces of ‘Dennis’ some others ‘Tom Sawyer’ and for some the events might remind an episode out of ‘Calvin and Hobbes’. I will sure try my best to keep such pages on a lighter vein. While yes at the same time as you could see, when I draw my Sword over certain issues (refer the ‘quota’ article) I would be pretty brutal with my attack and scathe such social menaces mercilessly. At least one article on an average will be contributed in a week to this blog.

Henceforth with all my human limitations I shall not let go of these blogs and would devout some time, space and energy for these two blogs. Requesting my dear friends to visits these sites frequently and leave your comments (if that is not possible due to account restrictions, feel free to mail me your comments to haridasraghavan@yahoo.co.uk). I being an amateur all your valuable comments would help me grow as a great blogger.

This piece is a common write up to both my blogs.

Cheers
H

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hari, just thot ill peek into yr bloggy thingy, looks kool, im sure u got lots more stuff 2 add up...will keep loggin in,on an off...

M

7:43 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Haridas said...

Sailaja:
thank you for all the support

9:19 AM, May 18, 2006  
Blogger Haridas said...

mukesh:
thanks 4 ur time and words. yes, i would be posting on a regular basis may be on an average of 1 article a week --depends on my schedule though ;-)

9:21 AM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home